Psalm 119 - Vav: Free Worship

"Vav. May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD,

Your salvation according to Your word;

So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me,

For I trust in Your word.

And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,

For I wait for Your ordinances.

So I will keep Your law continually,

Forever and ever.

And I will walk at liberty,

For I seek Your precepts.

I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings

And shall not be ashamed.

I shall delight in Your commandments,

Which I love.

And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments,

Which I love;

And I will meditate on Your statutes." 

(Psalm 119:41-48 NAS95)

 

 

 

When Your lovingkindnesses come to me, I am free to drink from abundance (Psalm 36:8) that is infinite (Psalm 103:11).  I will have a ready answer (v. 42), hope for new answers (v.43), resolve (v.44), utter freedom (v.45), confidence before all men (v.46), inner delight (v. 47), and unending worship (v. 48).  This truly is ‘salvation according to Your word’ (v.41).

 

‘In these verses holy fear is apparent and prominent. The man of God trembles lest in any way or degree the Lord should remove his favour from him. The eight verses are one continued pleading for the abiding of grace in his soul, and it is supported by such holy arguments as would only suggest themselves to a spirit burning with love to God.’[1]


 



[1] Spurgeon, Charles Haddon, Treasury of David, on Psalm 119 - Vav, e-Sword edition

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God and His Wisdom: An Introduction to Proverbs

Friendship with the World

The Cost of Christlikeness