Looking Back, Looking Forward




It is good to give thanks to the LORD 
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; 
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning 
And Your faithfulness by night, 
(Psalms 92:1-2 NASB)

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
(Philippians 3:13-14 NASB)

As I enter 2011, am am heartened by God's immense patience with me and faithfulness to Himself in 2011.  I see the balance of anticipating His lovingkindness in the future and proclaiming His faithfulness in the past.  In all of this, I anticipate a stronger and sharper focus on the light of Christ as He shines in, through, and among the communities of which I am a part.

I was encouraged by the above 'Wordle', which is a graphical representation of the words that have appeared most frequently in this blog in 2010.  I trust it is a memorable reminder of some great truths, and you can see a closer view of it here.

In 2011, this is my prayer for you:

May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. 
(2 Thessalonians 3:5 NASB)


Mark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God and His Wisdom: An Introduction to Proverbs

Friendship with the World

The Cost of Christlikeness